Dear Parent, Caregiver, Self-Advocate, and Service Provider,
We invite you to complete the COMPASS Profile for your child, self, student, or client. Once you check on this link, you will see the following:
1. A page that asks you to:
- Create a sign-in and password.
- Select from a drop-down menu, the age of the person with autism.
- Select from another drop-down menu with a list of choices what your relationship is to a person with autism.
- Submit an email of another person you would like to invite to also complete the COMPASS Profile.
2. After you and a partner completes the profile, you will receive a notice and then be able to print off the profile for sharing. Discussion of the profile is necessary for the initial COMPASS consultation. The profile is also helpful for transition planning for young children and high school age students as well as IEP planning. We encourage a team approach, so invite all people at home, school, and in the community who support the person with ASD.
Our collaborative work with parents/caregivers, schools, and other service providers rests on the shared input and decision-making for finding and creating the personalized goals necessary for optimizing outcomes. This shared input comes from multiple perspectives that gives a fuller picture of the person.