- American Psychological Association’s Center for Psychology in Schools and Education (CPSE)
- The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- Learning and the Brain
- Self Efficacy During Childhood and Adolescence: Implications for Teachers and Parents by Frank Pajares. A chapter describing the most appropriate ways of measuring self-efficacy. This chapter from the book Self-Efficacy Beliefs of Adolescents (2006) provides specific ways parents and teachers can build children’s self-efficacy.
- Why School Reform Fails: Student Motivation is the Problem This article that discusses student motivation was published recently in Newsweek (September 2010).
- Motivation and Education: The Self-Determination Perspective Edward L. Deci University of Rochester, Robert J. Vallerand University of Quebec at Montreal, LUG G. Pelletier University of Ottawa, Richard M. Ryan University of Rochester.
- Self-Efficacy: Helping Students Believe in Themselves This summary was written and compiled by Karin Kirk, SERC, and contains an overview of motivation research and pertinent references.